From the Office of the Registrar

Adding and Dropping 2nd Semester Courses

Attention Parents/Guardians of Juniors and Seniors:

Students were reminded that the 2nd semester begins Monday, January 20 and that the final day to drop or add courses without a penalty is Wednesday, January 22. Students were asked to review any 2nd semester course(s) they signed up for at the beginning of the school year (at which time they received a copy of their schedule with 2nd semester courses). If your student plans on adding or dropping a semester course, they must obtain a drop/add form from Ms. Boudreau, room 217, between January 6 and January 21. Students must be enrolled in at least five (5) courses, excluding PE/Health.

Visual Arts:

If a student wishes to enroll in Visual Arts for the 2nd semester he/she must obtain an add form from Ms. Boudreau, room 217, between January 6 and January 21.

Address/phone/email changes

Attention Parents/Guardians:

Please notify the Registrar, Pat Boudreau, of any changes in address, telephone numbers (home, cell, work or emergency), and email address by calling (413) 255-0000 ext. 217 or email your change(s) to

Work Permit Guide

MacDuffie students between the ages of 14 and 17 years old who would like to obtain a work permit must follow the steps below:

  • Must have a job offer from an employer.
  • Download a work permit application from the Massachusetts Division of Occupational Safety’s website ( or pick-up an application at the Superintendent of Schools’ Office/School Department where the student lives.
  • Bring the application to the employer and have him/her complete the section, “Promise of Employment”.
  • If 14 or 15, the student’s doctor must complete the Physician’s Certificate of Health section.

Note: The Certificate of Health must be signed within the previous 12 months of the date the application is submitted for a work permit.

A parent, guardian , or custodian and student must sign the completed
work permit application.  Take the completed application and proof of student’s age (e.g., birth certificate, passport, or immigration record) to the Superintendent of Schools’ Office/School Department in the school district where the student lives.

Please note, that the work permit will only allow you to work in Massachusetts. Each time a student begins a new job, he or she will need to apply for a new work permit.

For more information, please call the local School Department.