I thought I would share the words of one of our students, Darien ‘15, related to the Spring Carnival on April 8th:
“I’d like to thank the community for your enthusiasm and participation in today’s events! None of this would’ve happened if it weren’t for the student council/prefects who helped run and set up the fun activities everyone partook in. It’s days like these and Diversity Day that should remind you what MacDuffie is all about! Once again, thank you for being a great community and I hoped you enjoyed the day!”
Darien took the moment to revel in our strong community. As we gear up for this weekend’s 125th Anniversary celebrations, I’m reminded of what a motivated group of student leaders we have here at MacDuffie.
Last week, I served as an Assistant Chair on a New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) Accreditation team. A colleague on that team reminded me that you can tell a lot about a school by what’s on the schedule. The fact that our schedule is full of Arts and Athletic events over the next seven weeks speaks volumes about how we value experiences for our students in- and outside the classroom. These events include the Dance Concert, Art Show, Sports Awards and Arts Awards evenings, and numerous theatre presentations and athletic contests.
In the short term, I hope that all of our community members will be able to take part in some of the Gala weekend festivities:
- April 24th 7:00 PM Acting Ensemble Showcase
- April 24th 8:00 PM Alumni Reception at The Yard House, South Hadley
- April 25th 10:00 AM Run for Hope (registration starts at 9AM)
- April 25th 12:00 PM International Festival
- April 25th 2:00 PM Girls’ Varsity Tennis – home match vs. Marianapolis
- April 25th 6:00 PM 125 Anniversary Gala (including cocktail hour, silent and live auctions, dinner and dancing)
I hope to see you there!